The third Call for Tender for preservation of digital cinema has been put on the Homepage of the DIN Standards Committee Entertainment Technology, Photography and Cinematography (NVBF).
The purpose of this call is to find a film archive representative – project team expert 5 – for the Project Team which will be in charge of the bulk of the practical work in this standardisation project.
The tasks of the project team expert 5 include:
- Taking part in project team meetings (at least at 3 month intervals) to discuss results and next steps, to monitor progress and results, in order to ensure the agreed timeline
- Evaluating standards and collecting requirements regarding film archives together with expert 4
- defining the archive framework together with expert 2 and expert 4
- Describes common workflows in film archive processing together with expert 3 and expert 4
- Supports project group with requirements of film archives, especially make recommendations on legal deposit and workflow implementations
- Supports PT leader and expert 3 and expert 4 in assessment of results of software development team according to the specifications
- Discusses project results with experts from service providers and archives, gives feedback to the project team and delivers comments back to the project team
- Supports project group with knowledge and descriptions of workflows in film archives
- Dissemination of the progress and result to the archive and postproduction community
- Taking part in the meetings with the development team, which will be held on a regular basis in order to discuss results with the development team, getting feedback on changes requested, identifying the effects on changes in the software to the draft and in order to ensure a good collaboration with the development team
The deadline for tenders is the 21st January 2019.