Call for papers
The 16th BAAC annual conference « GLAMorous content and access » will be held from October 9th to 11th 2019 in Riga, Latvia, in the Freeport of Riga (Rīgas Brīvostas pārvalde) conference hall, Kalpaka bulvāris 12.
Audiovisual materials are being collected by different types of memory institutions, such as archives, museums, libraries, as well as broadcasting institutions and research institutes. Historically, different memory institutions use different practices and standards for description and cataloguing. New technologies are emerging for capturing metadata and descriptive information, and challenging traditional practices of archival description. Lack of universal cross-domain standards for description of audiovisual materials forms a major challenge for exchange of information.
The following topics are offered as starting points:
- Use of new technologies in description of audiovisual materials
- Description standards and their use in linking audiovisual materials to other archival, library and museum materials
- Exchange of content descriptive information between memory institutions and cultural organizations: analysis of current practices and standardization possibilities
- Case studies of successful new practices and achievements.
- The conference language will be English.
BAAC invites presentation proposals for the 2019 conference in Riga. The closing date for submissions is 24 May 2019. All proposals must be accompanied by a brief abstract (max. 250 words) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original call for papers on the BAAC website.